Seeking: Production/Stage Management Apprentice, Artistic/Education, and Technical/Design Apprentice for Key City Public Theatre in Port Townsend, Washington.
2018 Season Includes:
- PT PlayFest 22: Port Townsend’s Festival of New Plays- March
- Wolf at the Door By Richard Dresser Directed by Denise Winter- April
- Daddy Long Legs Book by John Caird, Music by Paul Gordon- June/July
- Hamlet by William Shakespeare (Shakespeare in the Park) Directed by Marc Weinblatt- August
- Annapurna by Sharr White- Directed by Connor Zaft- October
- Krapp’s Last Tape by Samuel Beckett- Directed by Dillon Porter- October/November
- Spirit of the Yule Adapted By Linda Dowdell & Denise Winter- December
- Every Christmas Story Ever Told by John K. Alvarez, Michael Carleton, James FitzGerald- December
Rehearsal and Production Dates & Locations
2018 Season rehearses and performs in Port Townsend, Washington. Contracts available beginning in February/March or May/June or September/October.
Contract end dates are negotiable depending upon production schedule. Housing and stipend available. College degree or equivalent experience preferred, preference given to full season commitment. Please visit our website for specific dates and general information. www.keycitypublictheatre.org
Production/Stage Management Apprenticeship is ideal for those interested in pursuing a career in stage management, production management or directing. Candidate will have excellent organizational, communication and multi-tasking skills.
Technical/Design Apprenticeship is ideal for those interested in or pursuing a career in production management, technical direction, or design. Candidate will have working knowledge in at least two productions areas (sets, sound, lighting, costumes, or props); works equally well independently and with a creative team.
Artistic/Education Apprenticeship is ideal for those interested in pursuing a career in directing, acting and/or arts education. Candidate will have working knowledge in directing, with excellent team-building/collaborative skills and multi-tasking abilities. Teaching experience with pre-teens, teens, and young adults a plus.
To Apply for Apprenticeship:
- Send a cover letter with a personal statement about your goals in theater and areas of interest, why in particular you are seeking to work with Key City Public Theatre, and whether you wish to be considered for a full season apprenticeship or a summer/partial year apprenticeship.
- Send a resume of theater and related experience.
- Send two letters of recommendation from people who are familiar with your work.
Send all materials in one email to Christa Holbrook: email@example.com
Or send all application materials in one envelope to:
Christa Holbrook, Production Manager
Key City Public Theatre
419 Washington Street
Port Townsend, WA 98368